Sunday, December 30, 2012

Happiness in a Jar

It's almost 2013. The beginning of a new year is always a wonderful time - it's a fresh start, a chance to make a positive change or two. There are a lot of things you can decide to do this year.

Maybe you are feeling lucky because the world didn't end in 2012 and you want to do something special to celebrate. Or maybe you are planning some more traditional resolutions like eating better or exercising more.

I found something new that I'm going to try out this year and it's such a fun idea I thought it was worth sharing:

The Happiness Jar.

Don't get all excited...it's not a special pill in a jar that will change your life by making you thinner, taller, younger, or thickening up your hair.

Like many great ideas I found this little nugget being passed around a Face Book. It is such a simple idea I immediately loved it.

Here is what you do: Any time something good or happy happens write it down on a piece of paper and stick it in the jar (you can have the whole family join in). On New Year's Eve open the jar and read your notes to remember all the awesome stuff that happened during the year.

What a great way to put your life into perspective. 

I'm really excited to try out this experiment, this 'Happiness Jar.' I'm wondering how full will it be and how will it make my family feel at the end of 2013 when we talk about all the good things that happened.

What are your plans for the new year? Do you have any new or different ideas? I would love to hear them! Share them in the comments.

I wish all of you many jars of happiness in 2013!

Alexandra Gnoske is a nature lover, writer, and environmental expert.

No comments:

Post a Comment