Thursday, March 21, 2013

Spring Has Sprung! Backyard Gardening

It's a funny time of year - have you noticed anyone acting crazy - or crazier than usual?

It's Spring Fever - seriously, that is a real thing (just ask my sister, she's a psychotherapist). The barometric pressure is changing, the Northern Hemisphere is tilting towards the sun, we are all getting more sunlight and Vitamin D, birds are mating, and plants are stirring.

Tomatoes in window-box for Chicago backyard garden
It's the perfect time to prepare for your back yard garden. If you are planting by seed you should be getting started. You can also buy larger plants from your local nursery in early May to make sure they are ready to pick before summer's end.

I just had to post today because I wanted to share my picture of the tomatoes that just popped up in my window garden - I planted them 10 days ago. It's really happening!

Hope you're getting your garden ready too!

Alexandra Gnoske is a nature lover, writer, and environmental expert.

No comments:

Post a Comment