Sunday, January 27, 2013

One Month In: The Happiness Jar

Just wanted to check in and see how 2013 is going so far.

About a month ago I wrote about an idea I found strolling through Facebook that I decided to call 'The Happiness Jar.'

You find a jar (or in our case a large see-thru vase), get a small pad or scrap paper and pen. Over the course of the year write down when good things happen, exciting things, memorable things. On New Years Eve open the jar and read about your year.

Our vase has about 6 pieces of paper in it so far. What I really like is that the kids were the first to put something in. I will probably have to remind everyone that it exists but I'm really looking forward to the results on NYE.

Have you started one? There's still plenty of time.

Share your thoughts. Leave a comment. Did you start a jar? Are others participating?

Alexandra Gnoske is a nature lover, writer, and environmental expert.

No comments:

Post a Comment